FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Do you take requests, and will you play our favorite songs?
Of course! We will play requests from your guests and you can choose your favorite jams online ahead of the event with our online planner.
2. All joking aside, do you know what you’re doing? Rest assured. Party Pros Detroit is a professional DJ company with 15 years in the business. We carry 2 million in liability insurance, use professional grade equipment and always have backups. Don’t take our word for it, check out our references!
3. How do I know who my DJ or Photographer will be? We match our staff with an event about 2-3 months before the event date. We select staff by considering the following: Has the DJ performed at the venue? Is the DJ knowledgeable of music selected? Does that DJ have the right personality for the couple, family and friends?
4. Can you play longer than our contracted time? Thanks, we like you too. If the party is really kicking and you hate to have to call an end to it all, we can continue playing. Do you take breaks? Yes, we are close to superhuman, but not quite. We do take quick bathroom breaks but the music never stops. One of the benefits of computerized music playback.
5. How long does it take to setup and breakdown? We generally setup an hour before the event and take about 30 minutes to break down at the end of the event. Of course, you only pay for the time that we are performing.
6. My wedding ceremony is outside, in another room or at another venue. Can you DJ this portion of the day too? Yeppers! We can play music and mic the officiant for the ceremony. We do it all the time 😉 Contact us for more details on this add-on.
7. Do I have to feed you? We love being fed! However, it is completely at your discretion whether or not you decide to feed your DJ and other vendors. A meal is truly appreciated as your DJ often works for 8 hours at a time with very little time for breaks. Tip: A service meal is often available from your venue as a scaled-down, less expensive version designated for your DJ & other vendors.
7. How far in advance do I have to book you? Since Party Pros Detroit offers great services and rates, we tend to book up very quickly! We recommend that you contact us at least a year in advance to get first dibs on that special date. The sooner, the better!
8. Sounds fabulous! How can I book? We require non-refundable retainer/booking fee for each booked service to hold your date. The retainer will be deducted from the total cost of your event. To finalize your booking, we will send you an e-sign contract. The balance is due to two weeks prior to the event.